Welcome to workaccesspermit Albukhary International University Scholarship Application & Deadline scholarship updates. AIU is a private non-profit educational institution, a fully residential campus with state-of-the-art facilities.
It was founded on the twin philosophy of Faith in God and Compassion for Humankind with the aim to provide an opportunity to bright students from underprivileged and disadvantaged backgrounds to receive tertiary education and transform them into holistic, adaptable, balanced, well-grounded, and life-ready graduates who will be agents of change in societies.
About Albukhary International University
The University was built by the Albukhary Foundation, a nonprofit charitable organization founded by Syed Mokhtar Albukhary, a Malaysian philanthropist who has made charity a cornerstone of his business world.
This is apparent and reflected in his words,
“Whenever I do charity, my heart moves. It is not about corporate social responsibility. It is about caring, something that comes from the heart. My wish is that people with money will help those less fortunate so that the world is more just and fair to all.”
In this respect, the Albukhary Foundation is the umbrella of AIU. Supported by the Albukhary Foundation, the environment created at AIU is conducive and of high standards, therefore the Founder believes that the deserving students are privileged to have the opportunity to study at AIU.
The Founder has given the best for AIU Scholars, sincerely from his heart, in the spirit of never depriving the underprivileged of an education.
Albukhary International University Scholarship
The Albukhary Scholarship Programme was developed in 2005 with the sole intention of providing a lifeline to the underprivileged through granting them access to higher education, at no cost.
Open to Malaysians and International Students, the Albuk har y Scholarship nur tur es a community in which character building is achieved through an emphasis on community service.
Through the network of universities in Malaysia, Albukhary Foundation sponsored students in 17 universities across the country.
Subsequently, when AIU was established, the Albuk har y Scholarship Programme catered for students of the University, located in Kedah.
This is a competitive Scholarship Programme, where the financial background of prospective students is carefully examined, to ensure the most deserving are not deprived of an opportunity to pursue higher education.
Albukhary International University Scholarship Admission Process
- Application Process: Apply online through apply.aiu.edu.my Download User Manual for clear instructions on how to complete the application form Upload all required documents
- Scholarship Process: Applicants accepted by Senate and fulll the Scholarship criteria will be called for face-to-face or Skype interview. Results of the interview will be tabled to the Scholarship Committee for nal decision.
- Admission Process: Candidates accept AIU offer will proceed to EMGS for student pass application. Candidates with approved e-VAL will be able to come and register at AIU, subject to post-medical check-up result.
Scholarship Interview Assessment Criteria
Upon fulfilling the academic and scholarship criteria, an applicant will be called for an interview session and the following aspects will be assessed thoroughly during the interview session.
- Socio-economic status 40%
- Communication skills 25 %
- Personality & attitude 20 %
- Defense of Personal Statement15 %
*Please note that AIU reserves the full right to reject or terminate any application for a scholarship that contains plagiarism or fraudulent information without prior notice to the applicant.
Albukhary International University Scholarship Requirements
- Age between 18 and 22 years old.
- Single marital status.
- Household income below USD 300 for international applicant and MYR 2,400 (Sabah and Sarawak), MYR 5,300( W.P Kuala Lumpur, W.P Putrajaya & W.P Labuan) or MYR 2,900 (Perlis, Kedah, Pulau Pinang, Perak, Kelantan, Terengganu, Johor, Melaka, Negeri Sembilan, Pahang).
Scholarship Maintenance Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree programme students must obtain a CGPA of 2.8 and above in each semester.
- Foundation Programme students must obtain a CGPA of 2.8 and above in each semester in order to progress to the bachelor’s degree programme.
- English language conditional programme students must obtain a minimum IELTS score of 5.0 or 5.5 according to the programmes applied.
- Students need to maintain at least 90% class attendance every semester.
- Students must complete their studies within the stipulated period.
- Students must comply with the rules of Malaysia, university and hostel.
- Students must take good care of the university facilities.
- Students are not allowed to take part in media statements, politics, criminal acts, public demonstrations and disciplinary acts during their studies.
- Students do not have chronic health problems throughout their studies
- Students must reimburse the costs incurred to students during the study period to the Albukhary Foundation if they wish to withdraw from Albukhary International University before returning to the state or country.
- Failure to reimburse the amount calculated will be subject to legal action.
- Students subject to fines or summons from third parties must bear the cost without the involvement of the Albukhary Foundation.