There are many types of Saudi visas. A family Visit Visa or Mofa Family Visit Visa can be issued to an immediate family member of the legal residents or citizens of KSA. This is specifically meant for family members to be able to visit KSA and stay or spend time with their family.
An e-service provided by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, which enables beneficiaries to send visit requests of their first-degree relatives like (parents, wife, and children).
There are two types of Mofa Family Visit Visa.
|Number of Entries
Who can Get MOFA Family Visit Visa for Saudi Arabia?
A family visit visa is issued to immediate family members only. So if you are a legal Saudi resident or citizen, only the following people are eligible for a family visit visa.
- Father-in-law and mother-in-law
- Husband or wife
- Brothers/Sisters of foreign wives/husbands married to Saudis
This means the following family members can’t get a Mofa family visit visa.
- Grand parents
- Fill out the e-form that is available on the page of e-visas services of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs website. After that, seal and validate it electronically from the Chamber of Commerce or from the employer.
- Enter all the required information in Arabic language except the names if the applicants are from non-Arab countries. The entered names should be identical to the ones written in their passports.
- The residence permit should be valid for residents.
- The applicant must be a first-degree relative.
- For residents, the applicant must hold a work visa and he or she should not be an accompanying person.
How to Apply Mofa Family Visit Visa?
A Saudi family visit visa application is a process that involves separate processes for the family member living in Saudi Arabia and the applicant who is outside Saudi Arabia.
In order to get the family visit visa, an Iqama holder has to initiate the process in Saudi Arabia. The Iqama holder’s dependents cannot themselves apply for a visit visa application using their own Iqamas.
Various websites are often open in Arabic. Try to see change the language to English by clicking on the option on the top left corner.
1. Apply For Family Visit Visa at MOFA Online
The resident Iqama holder has to submit an application for the family visit visa on behalf of the visitor. For this, the Iqama should be valid for at least 4 months.
In order to apply for a Saudi family visit visa, the very first step would be to start the process on the official visa services platform.
On Visa Services Platform
Choose Individuals, and select your category. Note that if you select citizen, you would need to fill in the whole application in Arabic.
Select Resident and then click on the “Family Visit Visa Application for Residents”.
You will be forwarded to the application page. Click on “I agree”.
Enter Iqama Holder’s Residency Number (Iqama Number). You can apply for multiple visitors by adding different visitors to the same application
You need to fill in the personal details and visa details such as
- Visa Type: Single or Multiple Entry
- Border Number (Handwritten Number on Passport Stamped Pages)
- Sponsor Details: Address, City, Email and Mobile
- Visitor info: DOB, Passport number, Nationality, Religion
- Relationship with Visitor
Make sure to write your email correctly and your mobile number using 00966 & mobile number.
2. Get Approval from Sponsor/The Chamber of Commerce
Once the Saudi legal resident/Iqama holder has printed out the MOFA online visit visa application form, he/she can take it to the sponsor to sign and stamp the document.
The Saudi Chamber of Commerce can also attest the MOFA application form if required for private company workers. Chamber of commerce attestation is done online by sponsor company or kafeel.
3. Send Completed Form/Visa Number to Visitor
Once signed and stamped by the sponsor, usually, it takes a week or less for the status to be reflected in the MOFA portal. You can check the status of the MOFA visa application using the application number and your ID number.
If the visa application has been granted, you can send the scanned copy of the completed, signed, and stamped application form to your family member applying for the Family Visit Visa outside Saudi Arabia.
4. Register & Pay for Family Visit Visa at the Enjazat Website
Now is the time for your family member to create an account at the Enjazat website.
Once you create it, you will get an email to activate it. Make sure to check the Spam folder.
On the Enjazat Website, you would need to search for the application using the application number and your passport number.
You can pay using a Visa/Master credit card.
5. Submit Documents to Saudi Embassy/Visa Agency
Depending on where you are, you might be able to get the visa along with your passport by mail or in person. Usually, a family visit visa can take up to 3 days or more depending on each individual case.
Note that Saudi Arabia has a list of approved agencies all over the world to apply for a visa. Don’t get fooled by some neighborhood agency and lose your hard-earned money. If you can’t find an approved agency, write to the Saudi consulate in your country and ask them about it.
Requirements for Saudi Family Visit Visa from the Applicant
- Copy of sponsor Iqama holder’s passport
- Valid International Passport (Minimum 7 months validity remaining) for the applicant
- Copy of the Iqama or residency permit for the sponsor
- 4 passport size photos
- Apostilled copy of National ID card of the applicant
- Marriage certificate which you might need to apostille
If applying for in-laws
- Apostilled marriage certificate for the sponsor
- Apostilled copy of birth certificate of son/daughter
- Family Book If Necessary
6. KSA Visit Visa Stamping
The Visa stamping process can be different in different countries. You can get the visa stamped in your home country (which should be your first choice) or in another country.
Steps to complete the service MOFA Family Visit Visa Application
- Fill out the online form via e-Visa Services at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs website.
- Stamp and authenticate it electronically from the Chamber of Commerce or the employer.
- Service Fee : 200.0
- Payment method : SADAD
- Target Audience : Resident, Visitor
- Service Channels : Portal,
- Service Response Time : 1.0 Days(s)