They are different ways and requirements needed to migrate to Canada. While some are hard others are easy making it easy for anyone to migrate to Canada.
In this reading, we are going to show you the various possible ways to immigrate to Canada so you to choose the one that’s easy and fit you based on your requirements.
Immigrate to Canada as a Self-Employed Person: About the process
The Self-employed Persons Program allows people to immigrate to Canada permanently as self-employed persons.
If you’re interested in this program, you must:
- have relevant experience in cultural activities or athletics and
- be willing and able to make a significant contribution to the cultural or athletic life of Canada
To immigrate as a self-employed person, you must:
- have relevant experience
- be willing and able to be self-employed in Canada
- meet the program’s selection criteria and
- meet medical, security and other conditions
Your experience is relevant if you have:
- taken part in cultural activities or athletics at a world-class level or
- been a self-employed person in cultural activities or athletics
Relevant experience for a self-employed person means at least two years of experience. It must be during the period starting 5 years before the day you apply and ending on the day we make a decision on your application.
You can get more points if you have 3, 4, or 5 years of experience. At a minimum, your experience must be:
- for cultural activities:
- 2 one-year periods being self-employed in cultural activities, or
- 2 one-year periods participating at a world-class level in cultural activities, or
- a combination of a one-year period described in (a), and a one-year period described in (b)
- for athletics:
- 2 one-year periods being self-employed in athletics, or
- 2 one-year periods participating at a world class level in athletics, or
- a combination of a one-year period described in (a) above, and a one-year period described in (b) above
They assess you on selection criteria that include your:
- language abilities
Medical, security checks and other requirements
You and your family members must have a medical exam and get police certificates. You must also show that you have enough money to support yourself and your family after you get to Canada.
Immigrate to Canada through Express Entry
The application process for skilled immigrants who want to settle in Canada permanently and take part in their economy.
Express Entry is an online system that we use to manage immigration applications from skilled workers. There are 3 immigration programs managed through Express Entry:
1. Canadian Experience Class
- for skilled workers who have Canadian work experience
- work experience must have been gained in the 3 years before you apply
2. Federal Skilled Worker Program
- for skilled workers with foreign work experience
- must meet criteria for education and other factors
3. Federal Skilled Trades Program
- for skilled workers who are qualified in a skilled trade
- must have a valid job offer or a certificate of qualification
If you’re eligible for one of the above programs, you can also apply through Express Entry for the Provincial Nominee Program. If you’re nominated, you’ll get extra points so you can be invited to apply quickly.
Find out if you are eligible to come to Canada
Do you want to migrate to Canada for work, study, visit, travel through, or live permanently in Canada? Answer a few questions to find out what immigration programs you can apply for. Each immigration program has different application and eligibility requirements.
Note: You will need about 10-15 minutes to complete the form.
You may be asked questions about your:
- language ability
- family members
- work experience
- income and/or net worth
- details on any job offer
Based on your answers, they will tell you what programs you may be eligible for, so be as accurate as you can. If you are eligible, they will give you a detailed list of instructions on what to do next.
Find out if you’re affected by the Coronavirus (COVID-19) to Migrate to Canada
To manage the outbreak of coronavirus disease (COVID-19), the Prime Minister announced travel restrictions that limit travel to Canada.
Health authorities also issued guidance and restrictions that limit our ability to process applications normally. Find out how these restrictions affect immigration, refugees, citizenship, and passport applications.
Effective January 15, 2022, 00:01 (EST), some foreign national travelers who were previously allowed to enter Canada without being fully vaccinated will now be required to be fully vaccinated in order to come to Canada.
There will also be changes to testing and quarantine exemptions for certain travelers, regardless of citizenship, entering Canada.
To limit the further spread of coronavirus in Canada, travel restrictions are in place across all border crossings.
Travel restrictions remain in place. At this time, you can only migrate to Canada if you meet an exemption.
CHECK TO SEE IF YOU CAN come to CANADA
Important: The information within the How to Migrate to Canada by Work Access Permit is presented to guide you in assessing your suitability for various immigration applications. No immigration decision will be made based on the answers that you provide within the Come to Canada Guide.