The Nigerian University of Technology and Management (NUTM Scholars Program) is a pioneering higher education initiative to identify and train the next generation of leaders in technology and management for Africa.
NUTM will strive for excellence in technology and management, and become a hub for best-in-class learning and research.
It will focus on areas in
- Mathematics, and
- Management in its academic offerings at the undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctoral levels.
In the next 10 years, NUTM aspires to be among the top five universities in Africa, and the best in Nigeria.
Africa’s greatest opportunity and its greatest challenge are its youthful population. NUTM is uniquely positioned to harness that population into a powerhouse of STEM talent for Africa and the world.
The NSP brings together the brightest students from diverse cultural and geographic backgrounds to form a unique cohort.
The stellar academic environment at the NSP, class diversity and experiential learning stents are sure to foster key workplace and life qualities such as adaptability, empathy and a collaborative outlook amongst the Scholars.
Upon graduation, NUTM Scholars will be ready to tackle challenging professional assignments When you recruit from the NSP, you will also be recruiting from a program with a strong and equitable gender ratio.
NUTM Scholars Program
The NUTM Scholars Program (NSP) is a one-year full-time interdisciplinary postgraduate program in Technology, Entrepreneurship, and Design. During the program, Scholars will learn and study concepts in technology, entrepreneurship, and design, management, and leadership.
The NSP intends to groom stellar young leaders from a diverse range of backgrounds across Africa to be change agents for the region and the world. The NUTM team is in the process of developing a variety of academic programs.
These programs will be designed keeping in mind the ethos of NUTM and the change it aims to bring to the Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics (STEM), and Management fields in Africa and the world.
NUTM Scholars Program Highlights
Through NSP’s unique experiential modules, Scholars will be mentored by industry experts and advisors.
- TED Lab: An entrepreneurship capstone project to enable Scholars build a venture from scratch during the NSP.
- Shadow a Leader: A full-time opportunity to shadow senior leaders through a six week internship. Over a period of six weeks, the Scholars will be deputed as full-time associates to CxOs and senior leaders of leading organizations in Nigeria and abroad to assist them on specific projects.
- Global Immersion Week: A short study trip to a select location to gain exposure to international business and culture.
- Writing Centre: Guest lectures, workshops and individual mentorship by eminent leaders and entrepreneurs.
- Career Readiness: A workplace ready toolkit consisting of coursework, industry sessions, simulations, individual and group feedback.
NUTM Scholars Program Admission Process
- Stage 1: Online ApplicationComplete the online application form and provide information on your background, education, work experience, interests and motivations. There is NO application fee.
- Stage 2: Online AssessmentShortlisted candidates from Stage 1 will be invited for an online assessment. The assessment will test learning agility, personality traits and critical thinking abilities.
- Stage 3: Telephonic InterviewQualified candidates from Stage 2 will be invited for a 20 minute telephonic interview. The telephonic interview will evaluate your aspirations and suitability for the NSP.
- Stage 4: Panel InterviewThe final stage is an in-person 20-minute interaction with a panel. At this stage, you will be assessed on your aptitude, leadership potential and motivation to attend the Program.
Who are we looking for?
For the NUTM Scholars program, we are looking for bright, curious, and passionate individuals who are motivated to create an impact in Africa and the world. While the program seeks diversity, the following attributes can prove to be advantageous:
- Demonstrated leadership experience and an ability to overcome challenges
- Strong passion for an idea with potential impact in Africa
- Awareness of global trends in technology
- High personal integrity, self-awareness and initiative
- Good academic record
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
A recognized undergraduate degree in any discipline. Not more than 32 years of age (as on the date of application.
NUTM Scholars Program Mission & Vision
- To be ranked among the top 50 global institutions focused on technology and management by the year 2030
- To develop innovative leaders in technology and management who will create an impact in Africa and the world
NUTM aims to contribute to the accelerated advancement of Nigeria and the African continent. With your support, the University expects to achieve its ambitious goals. Here are some ways you can collaborate. If you would like to get involved, please get in touch with us at email@example.com
NUTM Jobs & Vacancy
When you join the NUTM team, you become a member of a welcoming community that embraces everyone – from local talent to global experts.
They are wholeheartedly committed to the well-being, personal and professional development of their team. Their decisions and activities are guided by the tenets of equality, diversity and inclusion.
If you are curious, passionate, open to learning and believe in their vision of transforming the African education landscape, browse through current openings and discover exciting and diverse career opportunities.
View Available Vacancies
- Head, Academic Strategy and Delivery
- Creative Design Specialist
- Officer, Operations and IT Support
- Officer, Fundraising and Donor Relations
- Manager, Admission and Outreach
For general inquiries, please contact us at:
NUTM, Floor 2, Landmark Village,
3 & 4 Water Corporation Road, Oniru,
Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria
Phone number: +234 1 466 2034
For student enquiries, please contact us at:
Phone number: +234 1 466 2034