Under SBI Foundation’s Integrated Learning Mission (ILM) initiative, the SBI Asha Scholarship Program 2022 provides financial assistance to meritorious students from low-income families across India to ensure their education continues.
In this scholarship program, students studying in Classes 6 to 12 can receive a scholarship of INR 15,000 for a year. This scholarship program is implemented by Buddy4Study.
State Bank of India Foundation is the CSR arm of the bank. The Foundation, which has a tradition of service that transcends banking, currently works in 28 Indian States and Union Territories on rural development, healthcare, education, livelihood and entrepreneurship, youth empowerment, sports promotion, and more, in order to improve the socio-economic situation of underprivileged groups.
In running interventions that are ethical, promote growth and equality, and create a positive impact on society, SBI Foundation reflects the ethos of SBI Group.
SBI Asha Scholarship Program 2022
Eligibility for SBI Asha Scholarship
- Students studying in Classes 6 to 12 are eligible.
- Applicants must have scored a minimum of 75% marks in the previous academic year.
- The annual family income of the applicant must not be more than INR 3,00,000 from all sources.
- Open for students pan India.
Benefits of the SBI Asha Scholarship Program
- INR 15,000 for one-year documents
- Marksheet of the previous academic year
- A government-issued identity proof (Aadhaar card)
- Current year admission proof (admission letter/institution identity card/bonafide certificate)
- Fee receipt (for the academic year 2022-23)
- Bank account details of the applicant (or parent)
- Income proof (Form 16A/income certificate from government authority/salary slips, etc.)
- Photograph of the applicant
How to Apply for SBI Asha Scholarship Program?
- Click the ‘Apply Now button below.
- Login to Buddy4Study with your registered ID and land on the ‘Application Form Page’.
- If not registered – Register at Buddy4Study with your Email/Mobile/Gmail account.
- You will now be redirected to the ‘SBI Asha Scholarship Program 2022’ application form page.
- Click on the ‘Start Application button to begin the application process.
- Fill in the required details in the online application form.
- Upload relevant documents.
- Accept the ‘Terms and Conditions and click on ‘Preview’.
- If all the details filled in by the applicant are correctly showing on the preview screen, click on the ‘Submit’ button to complete the application process.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What is the selection process for the SBI Asha scholarship program?
The selection of scholars for the ‘SBI Asha Scholarship Program 2022’ will be made on the basis of their academic merit and financial background. It involves a multi-stage process as detailed below –
- Initial shortlisting of applications based on their academic merit and financial background
- Telephonic interview of shortlisted candidates followed by document verification for final selection
Q. If selected for this program, how will I receive the SBI Asha scholarship fund?
Upon selection, the scholarship amount will be directly transferred into the bank account of the scholars.
Q. Will I get this scholarship for subsequent years of studies?
No. This is a one-time scholarship for students studying in Classes 6 to 12.
About The SBI Foundation
The SBI Foundation feels a sense of responsibility toward the society they operate in. Our offerings come with a commitment to act ethically, bring a difference, and create a positive impact on society. They believe in making CSR not just an initiative of the SBI group but an ethos. The foundation of their programs is reflective of their ethos, values, and their vision.
Their vision and mission lie in improving the socio-economic well-being of society, particularly of the less fortunate and underprivileged members, and enabling them to live up to the potential that they all possess.
Creating an inclusive development paradigm that serves all Indians and to deliver societal benefits to all geographical regions of the country without any regional, linguistic, caste, creed, religious or other barriers.
To make resources available to the most vulnerable sections of the society directly and through strategic partnerships/collaborations with impact-making entities in the social and development sector in the most transparent way to create inclusive sustainable development.
All the information provided here is for reference purposes only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website.